Continue the quality improvement you began, using the various steps described in Step 3 (Quality improvement at home). Apply what you have learned from the benchmarking session to your quality improvement. Use the supporting material as required.
What do we want to achieve?
- A number of planned or implemented practical improvements in management
- Planned or implemented improvement that ensure gender-equal service and resource allocation within an organization
- Improvement on one or more of the points of the gender mainstreaming checklist.
How should we proceed?
- In consultation with a representative from a given activity, choose an area for improvement having to do with the management and monitoring of the activity. You should relate your improvement to your organization’s prioritized goals and identified gender inequality problems.
- Gather facts and data about how things are today.
- Find out why the situation is the way it is today, and try to find the causes of the problems. Analyse and find possible solutions.
- Plan the testing and implementation of an improvement.
- Try implementing an improvement. Test the solution with the greatest chance of success. Start small.
- Study the results. Was there any improvement? Did we find the right solution? If not, try something else. Sometimes we need to take a few steps back.
- When the right solution is found, make sure it’s sustainable, and disseminate your solution.
- Reflect over what you’ve learned from the improvement, and communicate what we’ve learned.